To manually install LinkFreeze you will need to download distinct installation package. Run LinkFreezeXXXX_manual.exe and unpack it to some folder. The content of installation package should be as follows:
- LinkFreeze.dll – this is a LinkFreeze ISAPI filter itself. You should add this ISAPI filter to the site you wish to enable LinkFreeze.
- LinkFreezeMSG.dll – this is resource library needed to correctly display Event Log messages.
- LinkFreezeMSG.reg – this is a registry file to install LinkFreezeMSG.dll library.
- LinkFreeze.chm – this is a LinkFreeze documentation.
- LinkFreeze.ini - this is a sample configuration file.
Please follow these steps to manually install LinkFreeze:
- Copy LinkFreezeMSG.dll into your SYSTEM32 folder and import LinkFreezeMSG.reg into the registry. This step is not required unless you want to see error message descriptions in the Event Log.
- Copy LinkFreeze.dll and LinkFreeze.ini files into some folder and register LinkFreeze.dll as ISAPI filter for the site. We suggest you to create a separate instance of LinkFreeze.dll file for each site you are going to use LinkFreeze. LinkFreeze.dll cannot be registered as a global ISAPI filter, only site level registration supported.
- Edit LinkFreeze.ini file to start link optimization. LinkFreeze.ini file should be placed in the same folder with LinkFreeze.dll and there is no need to restart IIS when you modify configuration file.